My Pregnancy Diary – Part 2

Welcome back to this series of posts. If you missed Part 1, catch up here first.

Date of entry: 7 December 2012, continued

The start of #BumpWatch - the day after finding out. 5weeks + 1
The start of #BumpWatch – the day after finding out. 5weeks + 1

Work the following day was interesting. I told my manager the news and I had to force myself from shouting it from the rooftops. I called my GP and was told that I would not be seen until I was 8 weeks gone. I therefore booked an appointment for Thursday 15 November. As I thought this would be the “Booking Appointment” I had been reading about, I booked the whole day off work. It then turned out to be a 10 minute appointment where the major thing I did was decide on Chelsea & Westminster Hospital as the birthing location of choice. The Doctor gave some advice on foods to avoid but nothing more. I won’t lie, I was slightly disappointed with this appointment and it was very anti-climatic. By this time, I was just under 8 weeks.

At work the following day, a colleague came to share his news: his new wife was 12 weeks pregnant. I congratulated him but had to suppress my desire to inform him that I was also pregnant. It was very difficult.


By now, I had upped my fruit and veg intake and I was feeling extremely tired in the evenings. I was also constantly making trips to the ladies. As I write this today at almost 11 weeks, I am ecstatic to say that I have not vomited once or had a strong urge to do so. For that, I’m am immensely grateful.

Date of entry: 12 December 2012

I had my “Booking Appointment” at 8:30 this morning and it was a surreal time. As I type this half lying down on the sofa, I’m looking down at my stomach and I’m convinced that I’m starting to show. I’m just really looking forward to the 12 week scan next week so I can see my Bubba.


Date of entry: 22 December 2012

It’s Saturday morning and as usual I’ve been awake for ages. I’ve had a tremendously busy and emotional week. So on Monday 17th, I had my appointment for my 12 week scan. To say I had been looking forward to it is an understatement!! I literally could not wait. I’d done so well with the whole ‘don’t announce your pregnancy before 12 weeks’ thing. I just really needed the confirmation from the scan that all was well. So I woke up that morning and had a good gisting session with a girlfriend then I just took things easy.

Actually, I almost worked myself up about not missing the appointment and leaving the house on time. Hubby and I eventually left the house, had some Oyster card drama on the way but we made it on time. By now, I really needed to wee as I’d drank almost a litre and a half of water (instructions were half a litre). I stayed anxious and was eventually called into the room by the Sonographer. I expected the gel to be colder than it was and before I had time to compute what was happening, images started appearing on the screen and I was trying to make out what I was seeing.

She finally got an image that showed my Bubba from crown to rump and before I knew it, tears were falling from my eyes. It was such a special moment for me. Hubby was in awe too but was more composed than me. She showed us little body parts and confirmed the Bubba was indeed moving around during the scan.


After the scan, I was on cloud nine. I called my mum and told her all about it and I sent my sis a picture so she could check during her break.

I shared my news with some more people at work and made some sort of outburst on Friday – guess it was the Christmas cheer that got to me.

Really looking forward to a relaxing festive break despite the fact that we are hosting Christmas this year. Very excited but there’s so much to do in so little time!

To be continued.

Thanks for reading.

MN :-)

Please share:

About MamaNate

I'm a London based mother of two. I'm also a wife, daughter, sister and friend. This blog is about how I juggle my different roles.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.