The Boy turned two earlier this month. I really don’t know where the time has gone and can’t quite believe I’m a mum to a two year old. By the grace of God I am, and I’m so thankful.
The past couple of months have been interesting to say the least. Of course people have warned me about the “terrible twos”. Whilst I do not believe in attaching negative labels to children (ie terrible, stubborn, naughty etc), I expected that there would be a change in behaviour. And boy was I right!
Here’s what I noticed in the weeks leading up to his birthday:
* there was an increased reluctance to eat
* he was more decisive, especially when refusing something
* he became more clingy towards his dad and I
* he refused to let other familiar people hold him (except Grandma – thankfully)
* there were more instances of dramatic falling, in other words, throwing a tantrum or wobbly
* he was more tearful and started to cry during nursery drop offs (one day, he cried when I arrived to collect him)
What all the above means is that, it’s been pretty full on recently. We had a few events and he’s not wanted us to leave his sight which was quite restrictive.
Sometimes I don’t know why he’s crying. I’ve even got the feeling that he doesn’t know either.
We are definitely in a new phase which is giving us new opportunities to learn and grow as parents.